Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Portal

I require some brief counselling and cake.

I just finished Portal. That has been one of the best video game experiences I've ever had. It's not a violent game at all but it is so rewarding and satisfying to play. It sends your mind to the wacked out dimension of thinking in lateral dimensions where you can create dimensional portals so you can walk through them and show up somewhere else in the same dimensional space. Confused yet? You just need to think in portals.

It's a thinking game that focuses on puzzle solving and that's why I love it. There is no relatable game play experience out there.
It requires a certain understanding of physics and I think it's possible to allow kids to play this in school as a demonstration in basic physics concepts such as kinetic energy and momentum.

Portal makes physics fun!

No comments: