Tuesday, July 31, 2012

minimalMarvel - Avengers

I'm enjoying the recent discoveries of illustrations, posters and wallpapers of minimalistic superhero + typography posters, the Avengers recreated as medieval knights and adorable illustrations, half-faced portraits, splatter paintings, art deco posters.

I'm a big Marvel fan and with limited illustration skills I relied more heavily on typography principles.
This is an exploration in type, and more specifically colour, as each character in the Marvel (or hero) universe has a very particular colour scheme. Since I'm just having fun, I'm mostly trying out different art styles which is really fun trying to learn and change really rapidly between each work.

This set is specifically the Avengers as I just finished watching the movie (which I thought was amazing!) as well as the first season of the animated 2010 series The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I'm looking forward to doing more of these. =D

minimalMarvel - Avengers







(I know there's still a lot of Avengers to go, and that I haven't done Hulk and Black Panther for part of the original Avengers, but I need a break for now and I just want to show what I've finished).

No comments: