Friday, May 02, 2008

The end of Narnia

I've been reading through the Chronicles of Narnia the past few weeks and enjoyed every story. The books are a breath of fresh air reminding me of the imagination we all lose once we move on from childhood. Characters from the stories themselves make that point when they first enter Narnia. We are all adventurers except when we are skeptics. It's sobering to see how blinded we become when we are drowning in fear, scared of reality. How is it that the amazement and wonder of youth, that crazy spirit that sets us free dissipates with age and experience.
I'm going to start looking for my own adventure now. There's a passage in the book that truly brought this to light for me. It sums up for me what the Chronicles of Narnia books are all about. Life, adventure, and being able to take it all in.

"For all find what they truly seek" -Aslan in The Last Battle

No comments: