Thursday, September 04, 2008

Alaskan Cruise

The Alaskan Cruise was a nice relaxing break for me. It wasn't the most exciting trip. It was quite boring, but it was nice and calming for me. I spent a lot of time out on the deck just staring out into the ocean and the icy land of Alaska enjoying the cool breeze.
Normally, I would assume I gained weight on the cruise, but I somehow actually lost 2Lbs after the week-long cruise. Must have been all that stair-climbing and walking action. I took a no-elevator approach and climbed the stairs every time. I walked a lot since I had to keep going between the back and the front of the ship.

I can't say I'm completely happy with the food on the cruise. I was happy with the quality on the casual dining. The formal dining however was quite disappointing. The expectations I had were quite high. I've heard that Celebrity Cruises has better food. I'm going to hold judgment and give them a 4/5 and give it an overall rating of acceptable. This is a temporary judgment as the cruise we were on had a special group of Jewish cruisers and b/c of them half the kitchen had to be locked down for them alone to prepare kosher meals. This severely limits the abilities of the kitchen's quality control to serve good meals.


Here are some pictures that I've chosen from the 1152 shots I took. :o






















No comments: