Friday, September 12, 2008

Close Call

I nearly got smashed in about 15 minutes ago. People really need to do shoulder checks, especially in high speed areas. I almost got pushed into the wall on the Second Narrows bridge. I was driving around 75km/h in the far right lane going onto the bridge. The black pickup in the center lane then decided he wanted to switch into my lane. I was probably in his blind spot just behind him on the right half a car length back. He was merging in pretty fast and he probably would have hit me had I not blasted my horn and try to give him some room. I think I might have damaged the right surface of my car as I moved right to dodge but probably ran into the barrier. I don't think I hit the guy, but damn, I heard a loud screeching/squeaking sound for about a second.

No comments: