Sunday, September 25, 2011

Conflicts of Design


I had a really difficult time trying to decide a direction with how to design my resume. My strategy was to come up with different approaches to the design and hope that one of the experiments would lead me to a specific path. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your philosophy, each one of the approaches held a different potential for something workable.

I got conflicting feedback, which sent me nowhere as I had the same problem choosing. However, I eventually decided to just choose one of the many promising ones and just tweaked it.

Information design is such an obsessive field for me, I am driven to find an optimal solution. If I had more time, I probably would keep exploring the possibilities and I guess I might come back just to see if I could develop it more, but for now I think I've spent enough time stressing over how to push text chunks.

Here's my final version: Resume (PDF)

And here's a few of my initial designs:

resume-1aresume-1c2resume-1c3resume-1c4resume-1b1resume-1c1

resume-1b2resume-1b3





ResumeDesign, a set on Flickr.

No comments: