Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Room Cleaning

I'm cleaning out my room and I found some notes from previous classes lying around. One particular set of notes from my VISA110 class in March of 06 had some interesting historical figures I'm looking into especially regarding perspective and visual theory.
(Alsom a web resource on the basics on the forms of perspective)

Edward Muybridge
Photographer who pioneered work on filming animal locomotion and who developed the projector technology of a Zoopraxiscope. This is THE precursor, and also the retro version of an animated GIF.

This reminds me of the zoetrope, more specifically a 3D zoetrope (where it spins and it looks like it's animating) and one of the most awesome ones that I had the luck of being able to see at Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim last month.



Filippo Brunelleschi
Architect and engineer in the Italian Renaissance. Discovered and demonstrated one-point perspective, and the concept of linear perspective. He also designed the dome for the Duomo of Florence, Santa Maria del Fiore (Florence Cathedral or Basilica di Santa Maria del Flore).

Masaccio
One of the first great painters of the Italian Renaissance and created the first one-point perspective painting (I think), the Holy Trinity in 1427.



Cibachrome / ilfochrome
Photographic process that reproduces large transparencies (film transparencies) on photographic paper

No comments: