Thursday, May 28, 2009

Purge Day 4: Interesting Relics and Discoveries

1) A still wrapped Christmas present of a lego toy. I think I would have been ecstatic if I had actually seen it 12 years ago when I received it.
2) A Captain Planet ring. (For those of you who know what they are, I got the one with the Earth symbol)
3) Brochures from my trip to Europe. I forgot I visited Arromanches in Normandy, France. The museum described how the operations of D-Day took place.
4) My tickets from taking the lift at the Eiffel Tower, or as they say, les ascenseurs.
5) Reading some of my old book reports. My writing was more erratic back then, but I also wrote a lot bigger. (Graphology reverse profiling/engineering is also being considered).
6) Realizing how many notebooks I've actually started using but never finished. The count is pretty high, it's probably over 20. I'm considering how to combine them or whether to toss them out.
7) Bag of lightbulbs in my closet. ???
8) A lot of kid backpacks (I'm giving them to my nephew and niece as gifts--boy, do I have a lot of gifts for them)
9) Street hockey equipment I have never used. (I really wanted to play hockey when I was young, my parents ruined that dream for me)
10) An inspirational poem in my old poetry collections:

Dreams by Langston Hughes

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

No comments: