Sunday, August 12, 2007

I should really sleep earlier

A friend of mine is back from SF for a couple days, but today's probably the only chance I'll get to hang out with him. We went out for dim sum at Fisherman's Terrace. I'm not sure if we were sick or something, but we ordered very little. After that we got some bubble tea at Tapioca Express. It's been a while since I've gone out for bubble tea. Once you stop drinking it, you lose your taste for it. We went though since we just wanted to hang out, and there is really nothing better to do in Richmond.

Bourne Ultimatum! That was another headache inducing, although not as bad as the previous one, because of the rapid free-chase camera style that director Paul Greengrass OH SO LOVES! I felt airsick after watching one of his other films, United 93 which also employed the same technique. But, I have to admit, this Bourne was awesome. So were the others, but this one felt like it gave some completeness to the storyline. I'm a little saddened since I love the directional style of this movie series, and I would be quite disappointed if they don't continue. Considering that the movies don't really follow the books that closely I wouldn't really be all too critical how much they changed the story. The psychological aspect is tremendous, the mind games, the spy game with a character that employs a certain avoidance of action unless necessary which is quite contrary to the norm of any spy movie where the protagonist initiating violent encounters just for the sake of having action in the movie.

I was talking to Tim about this like a week ago... The 2 gig limit on gmail is pretty big, but it would be nice to have something even bigger, and an incurred cost of the upgrade would be a fair alternative. Well, I just noticed gmail is now offering the said pricing scheme:
6 GB ($20.00 per year)
25 GB ($75.00 per year)
100 GB ($250.00 per year)
250 GB ($500.00 per year)
They seem pretty reasonable.

I don't normally read Google's blog, but they made a post about it

No comments: