Saturday, March 03, 2007

Empathy

I feel like I have rage issues, but it only seems like it happens when I'm around my parents. My consciousness is a magnet for the feelings of the people around me. Earlier today, when my dad and I parked in a spot at Costco, some girl told us she was waiting for the spot. This was obviously a stupid statement since we were waiting at the spot where the person came out as soon as she was leaving. Circumstances aside, my dad went ballistic as soon as the girl assumed the spot should have been hers. He cussed and swore at her and shouted as if she had done something morally wrong.

That rage manifested in me so quickly. I really hate people who go ballistic over nothing. Even though my anger was focused more on my dad being an almost total jackass (he was in the right, after all), it felt like the world was mocking my idea of reason and respect. I personally didn't really care about the incident, but rather had emotions stirring in my head of people striking each other down, fortunately only verbally in this instance. This feeling of raw rage is quite rare for me. It's only happened one other time when I was in Australia, and again, it revolved around my dad.

Suppressed rage. Empathic consciousness. Identity inheritance.
I honestly don't know what to think of this.

No comments: