Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Amazing 2010


2010 was an AMAZING year for me. I was utterly depressed at the start of the year, partly because of the life choices I made required me to go down in order to go up.
To start, I got LASIK surgery and I now have 20/20 (or close to it) vision.

12 countries. 3 continents. And I have no idea what my total mileage count is.
Excluding Canada, the other 11 countries that I visited were: Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, S. Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico, and the United States.

I have a lot of photos, but I've chosen one from each country to represent my visit.

My family after a horse ride through a small Vietnamese island town on the Mekong River.
Mekong River, Vietnam

Family picture with Cambodians dressed in ceremonial garb at Angkor Wat.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia


My parents and I at the Cagsawa ruins near Mayon Volcano.
Cagsawa, Philippines

My nephew and niece, Eisner and Elle and I at the Chang Kai Shek Memorial.
Taipei, Taiwan

Climbing Mt. Sorak.
South Korea


My friend, Cam and I at Tower Bridge.
London, United Kingdom


Chilling out at sunset and taking in the view of Paris on top of Tour Montparnasse (Montparnasse Tower).
Paris, France


Enjoying a refreshing beverage at the Heineken Experience.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands


Observing the odd shape of the Atomium.
Brussels, Belgium


Enjoying the beautiful weather at the Temple of Kukulcan.
Chichen Itza, Mexico

My parents and I hanging out with Bart Simpson at Universal Orlando.
Orlando, Florida, USA


Here's also a few group shots with my buddies on our Europe trip.


Relaxing on a late night cruise on the Seine around Paris.
Paris, France

Enjoying London and walking around the Thames. Big Ben in the background!
London, United Kingdom


I am truly in awe at how I was able to travel. I am filled with wanderlust and it is my passion to experience the world. Taste different foods, experience different cultures, meet interesting people. =)

Although it's unlikely I will be able to visit 10 countries again in a year, I remain hopeful that I'll still be able to keep travelling this year and in the future.
The countries that are on the top of my list to visit:

Most wanted destinations
-Singapore (MegaZip + Sentosa!)
-Thailand (Night market food + watching some Muay Thai in Lumpini Stadium)
-Japan (Food + Shibuya + Everything)
-Iceland (Hot Dog + Shark + Skyr + Nature)
-Italy (Pasta + Architecture)

1 comment:

Philip Caines said...

Wow, you were lucky to travel so much in 2010. I hope to get to Europe this year, but well will have to see....

Phil