Monday, August 08, 2011

Europe 2011 - Day 1 Amsterdam

I'm in Amsterdam! Back in Europe again yeehee!
For now I'm just chilling at my hotel at Blue Square Hotel in Amsterdam waiting for the rest of my family to get in. I flew in on KLM 682 from Vancouver arriving at Schiphol Airport at 1030am. The time difference is definitely affecting me since I still think it's sometime at night (plus I didn't get much sleep on the flight). 

I'm trying to figure out what to plan to see as it doesn't seem like anyone has any real plans on things to see here. My preferences are to go check out design places though it's doubtful that the rest of my family is as interested as I am.

My list:
-Cafe Winkel at Noordermarkt (I went there last year and they had the best apple pie I've ever tasted)
-Droog (I went last year, but they were closed because it was a holiday -_-)
-Sarphatistraat 410 / Het Oosten Sarphatistraat offices (As in a few of my previous posts, I had to recreate this Steven Holl building for one of my projects earlier this year and I'm kinda attached to it)
-Borneo-Sporenburg (really interesting canal houses that revitalized the docklands area)

Well, today is being a bad use of a day so far. I should just go catch up on some sleep for now....


The rest of my family got in around 7ish so we just went for dinner and visited Amsterdam's Red Light district. It's a little weird going through that area with family. (Especially considering my sisters seemed to be a lot more excited than I was checking out the girls. Hahaha)

No comments: