Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dutch Design - Day 27 - Brussels Day 2 "I miss seafood"

Another food day adventure!

To start, Vivian and I got fries at Friterie Tabora. This fry place was my go to place last time I was in Brussels and I came here almost every day to get my Flemish Fries fix. I got the spicy sauce which was a nice change instead of just regular mayo.



Of course, Brussels just ain't right without waffles. We went to Mokafe inside the Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert. I got the waffle with fresh strawberries, and Vivian got the waffle with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce.




After walking around the city for a bit, we went for more food at De Noordzee La Mer du Nord fishbar. It was great to get warmed up as it was raining and cold out. I got the fish soup which came with grated cheese and toast with garlic spread. Vivian also ordered the seared tuna which was absolutely amazingggg!



The Musical Instrument Museum or the MIM was a really interesting experience. It was an interactive experience as they give you an audio player that plays different music when you get to different "instrument locations" that plays different songs depending on what instrument you are in front of. It's a cool experience to be able to aurally experience a space.




Chocolate alley! Definitely had to stop by Pierre Marcolini to get some kick ass chocolate.


I went to take a look at the nearby Taschen book store. Oh mannnn how much did I want to buy the books in there.

We wanted to check out the Peter Paul Ruben's Triptych at a church here but I just realized as I'm writing this that it's not even in Brussels. XD. We thought it was the St. Catherine's Church but it's been closed permanently and we were frustrated because we didn't understand why it wasn't open.


For dinner, we were craving seafood and we chose this place called Les Crustaces. I got the 3-course menu with fresh oysters to start. I got the Bouillabaise for my main, and got something called a Siberian pancake for dessert. YUM.





No comments: